- You Are Here:
- Parks & Recreation
- Classes & Activities
- Contract Instructors
Become a Contract Instructor
Do you have a unique talent or skill to share with others? The City of Huntington Park invites you to become a part of the Parks and Recreation Department by becoming a contract class instructor. We recruit instructors to teach a wide variety of classes that provide local residents with positive recreation experiences, offers opportunities to learn new skills and encourage community involvement.
For more information about becoming an independent contract instructor, please click here to download the Contract Instructor Manual.
Requirements for Contract Instructors
1. Pass Fingerprint LiveScan (Sponsored by City)
2. Obtain a City Business License (Click here for information about obtaining a business license)
3. Provide proof of liability insurance
4. Possess strong teaching, organizational, and communication skills.
5. Complete a W9 form (Click here to download a W9 form)
6. Submit a proposal and resume in person to the Department of Parks & Recreation in person (The class proposal is located on Page 10 of the Contract Instructor Manual)
Classes are offered year-round in 3 sessions. Proposals for each session must be submitted by the deadline listed below:
|Session||Session Dates||Proposal Deadline|
|Winter/Spring||January through May||November 21, 2022|
|Summer||June through August||March 21, 2023|
|Fall||September through December||June 24, 2023|
Examples of Classes
|Fitness & Wellness||Cultural Arts||Dance|